1. Cheng, A., Badolato, R., Segoshi, A., McDonald, R., Malone, M., Vasudevan, K., Giftos, J ... & Tofighi, B. (2022). Perceptions and experiences toward extended-release buprenorphine among persons leaving jail with opioid use disorders before and during COVID-19: an in-depth qualitative study. Addiction Science & Clinical Practice, 17(1), 1-9.
2. Lee JD, Malone M, McDonald R, Cheng A, Vasudevan K, Tofighi B, Garment A, Porter B, Goldfeld KS, Matteo M, Mangat J, Katyal M, Giftos J, MacDonald R. Comparison of Treatment Retention of Adults With Opioid Addiction Managed With Extended-Release Buprenorphine vs Daily Sublingual Buprenorphine-Naloxone at Time of Release From Jail. JAMA Network Open. 2021 Sep 1;4(9):e2123032.
3. Vail, W., Faro, E., Watnick, D., Giftos, J., Fox, A.D. (2021) Does incarceration influence patients' goals for opioid use disorder treatment? A qualitative study of buprenorphine treatment in jail. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 108529.
4. Velasquez M, Flannery, M, Badolato, R, Vittitow, A, McDonald, RD, Tofighi, B, Garment, AR, Giftos, JM, Lee, JD. Perceptions of extended-release naltrexone, methadone, and buprenorphine treatments following release from jail. Addiction Science & Clinical Practice, Volume 14, Article number: 37 (2019)
5. Fox, AD, Jakubowski, A, Giftos, JM. ‘Enhancing Treatment Access and Effectiveness: Toward Patient-Centered Models of Care’, in Wakeman, SE, Kelly, JF (editors) Treating Opioid Addiction, In Press
6. Giftos JM, Tesema, L. When Less is More: Reforming the Criminal Justice Response to the Opioid Epidemic. ABA Judges Journal. Winter Issue, 2018.
7. Giftos JM, Kaba F, Johnson CJ, MacDonald RF. Jail-Based Initiation of Buprenorphine/Naloxone Treatment for Patients with Opioid Use Disorders. Presented as Oral Abstract, AMERSA Annual National Conference. November 2017.
8. Giftos JM, Mitchell A, MacDonald, RF. Medicine & Mass Incarceration: Education and Advocacy in the NYC Jail System. AMA Journal of Ethics (2017), 19(9), 913.
9. A Letter to Our Patients on Racism. Medium. July 2016. (one of 9 original co-authors).
10. Giftos, JM. Community Health Workers: Key to Reducing Disparities in End-of-Life Care. Geripal.org. September 2013.
11. Bloom-Feshbach, K., Casey, D., Schulson, L., Gliatto, P., Giftos, JM., & Karani, R. (2016). Health literacy in transitions of care: an innovative objective structured clinical examination for fourth-year medical students in an internship preparation course. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 31(2), 242-246.
12. McKee, M. D., Fletcher, J., Sigal, I., Giftos, JM., Schechter, C., & Walker, E. A. (2011). A collaborative approach to control hypertension in diabetes: outcomes of a pilot intervention. Journal of Primary Care & Community Health.