Our goal is to enable faculty members and other scholars to submit grant proposals and to manage subsequent non-financial responsibilities of the award, resubmission, and renewal processes.
OGS Dept Functions
- Find funding opportunities and offer one-on-one consultation with interested trainees and faculty members, including state, federal, private, and foundation sponsors
- Targeted dissemination of funding opportunities
- Interpret proposal guidelines and help with building application materials- eligibility, forms, institutional data
- Demystify DoD, NIH, NSF and other federal and non-federal policies, procedures, and jargons
- Grantsmanship: Assist with writing, editing, proof-reading, proposal review and critique and creating more competitive proposals
Meet Our Team
The Office of Grant Support (OGS) is comprised of four individuals who provide pre-award administrative assistance to the Einstein-Montefiore community.
Indranil Basu, PhD, MBA
- AOR, SO, and Business Official (BO)
- Assisting with day-to-day operations of the office. Training and workshops for funding/grant development
- Finding funding and OGS updates – SPIN Portal. One-on-one consultation for strategizing grant development
- Faculty profile in “PURE” research portal (for networking and communication). Templates for grant applications, and DMS issues
- Limited submission application management. Contacting the sponsors/agencies
- All non-federal grant processes, including NYS grants. IACUC, IRB, COI liaison, NCE, RS, FIS and JIT submissions.
Gerard McMorrow, MBA
Senior Pre-Award Analyst
- Authorized Organizational Representative(AOR), Signing Official (SO)
- Budget development, review and budget revisions (pre-award only)
- Collaboration letter review and preparation for signature
- Face page review and processing for signature
- Indirect cost reduction/waiver, no salary support request processing
- Letter of Intent (LOI) and statement of Work review and processing
What OGS Does
- Manages Awards Committee nominations (for limited submissions)
- Helps with submission of non-competing applications, Just-in-Time (JIT), Supplemental Materials, Research Program Progress Report (RPPR)
- Provides institutional data, letters of support, sample applications
- Assists with communications or communicates with grant-making agencies
- Helps with submitting Relinquishing Statement (RS), Final Invention Statement (FIS) and No Cost Extension (NCE)
- Helps with finding resources for improving grant applications
OGS Roles and responsibilities (Coming Soon)
Effectively Communicating with OGS
- The OGS is always ready to offer effective services.
Please remember while emailing OGS for a specific task send your email to one person who you believe can do the work and CC others.
- Emails to multiple recipients (more than one name on the “To” line) cause confusion amongst ourselves.
- The response to your request may be delayed or create multiple responses further delaying the resolution.
- If you unsure who is responsible for a task, send your requests to OGS@einsteinmed.edu and we will forward it to the appropriate person.